First Presbyterian Church of Grimes Organizational Structure
Teaching Elder – (the church pastor) is responsible for preaching, pastoral Care, and General oversight of the congregation.
Session – Together with the pastor, the Session spiritual leadership for the church. The Session is responsible for setting policies for the church and for overseeing operations of the church. Session is made up nine members. Every year, three members of the general congregation are nominated by the nominating committee to serve a three year term as a member of the Session. These nominations and any others from the floor are presented to the congregation for a vote at a congregational meeting.
Deacons – assist with pastoral care, providing a ministry of compassion to the members of our church and community who are in need. Seven ordained Deacons now serve our church and community. The Deacons are to be individually commissioned by the Session. Deacons work under the supervision of the Session.
Standing Committees – A session member is appointed as chair of each of the ten committees that are charged with the detailed operation of their respective areas of authority. Other Session members and Deacons are assigned to one of the committees. Any other interested member from the general congregation is also encouraged to serve on the committee of their choice. Those with an interest in one of these areas, please speak to the chairperson of the committee.
Nurture: Chairpersons: KristyKlyn, Bev Boyd
- Christian Education – Oversight of the educational programs of the congregation: Sunday School, Vacation Bible school, Community Youth, etc..
- Christian Nurture – Member care, Fellowship, etc..
- Mission & Evangelism – Outreach, evangelism, Selecting missions to support, etc.
Operations: Chairpersons: Keith Workman, Robbin McClelland
- Building & Grounds – Repair and maintenance of physical structures, etc..
- Finance – Stewardship Drive, Budget Management, Fund management, etc.
- Technology / Office Support – Web site, Office computers, Audio and Video equipment, etc.
- Memorial – Oversight of funds given to the Church.
Witness: Chairpersons: Jacie Smith, Marilyn Whitmore, Jane Altman
- Worship – All phases of worship services and sacraments, management of sanctuary, etc.
- Technology/Sanctuary Support
- Nominating – Recruit and pray for those God calls to serve on Session.
Personnel: Chairperson: Bev Boyd
Hiring, salary negotiation and management, benefits package management, etc.
- Operations: 2nd Sunday of the month, 10:30am
- Witness: 3rd Sunday of the month, 10:30am
- Nurture: 4th Sunday of the month, 10:30am
Link to Office 365 Committees Sites